Warm Bed Hotline Activated Today
Mineola, NY – November 29, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — With a wintery mix over the region, Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano today activated Nassau’s Warm Bed homeless program which providing shelter relief to individuals and families during cold winter months. The Nassau County Warm Bed Hotline, 1-866-WARM-BED (1-866-927-6233), will operate 7 days a week and run through March 31, 2013. If winter conditions persist beyond March 31st, the program will continue until warmer weather arrives.
“No resident should have to spend nights in the freezing cold, when they can call the Nassau County hotline and be placed in a warm place to stay right away,” said County Executive Mangano. “Homeless residents calling the hotline will be connected to a person who can help them get out of the cold and get the services they need to restart their lives. Help is really just a phone call away.”
During business hours, calls will be referred to the Department of Social Services for appropriate services. However, between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m., employees from Warm Bed and the Department of Social Services (DSS) will make appropriate referrals and provide shelter placement. Once placed, staff at the Department of Social Services and the Office of Housing & Community Development will reach out to those who are homeless in order to access resources for permanent housing.
NASSAU COUNTY HOMELESS HOTLINE (WARM BED):
Department of Social Services (516) 227-8519: After office hours (516) 573-8626
Long Island Crisis Counseling & Referral Center Hotline (516) 679-1111
Nassau County Coalition Against Domestic Violence Hotline (516) 542-0404
Nassau University Medical Center (516) 572-0123
- Mangano Announces Emergency Housing Through Warm Bed Program
Mineola, NY - December 16, 2010 - (RealEstateRama) -- Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano has announced that Warm Bed, Nassau’s homeless program providing shelter relief to families and individuals during cold winter months, has been activated. A one-stop Nassau County Winter Homeless Hotline, 1-866-WARM-BED, will operate 7 days a week and run through March 31. County Executive Mangano...
- Mangano Urges Resident Facing Foreclosure/Default To Utilize FREE County Counseling Services
March 4, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano would like to let resident’s know that the Nassau County Office of Housing & Homeless Service Homeownership Center offers FREE Foreclosure/Default Prevention Counseling Services to assist homeowners in Nassau County who have fallen behind on their mortgage payments due to a financial hardship...
- Mangano Announces Housing For Homeless Veterans
New York, NY - July 4, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano was joined today by Nassau County Legislator Joe Belesi, North Hempstead Councilman Angelo Ferrara and representatives from the New York Veterans Advocacy Group (NYVAG) to announce that Nassau County has awarded a $1.5 million grant from Federal HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) Program funds to...
- Mangano Announces Nassau County Recovery Housing Task Force Initiative
November 6, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano today announced the formation of the Nassau County Recovery Housing Task Force. This Task Force consists of commissioners and staff from the Department of Health, Social Services and Human Services; the Office of Housing and Community Development, as well as representative from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)...
- Mangano Assistance To Homeowners Helps Turn On Power – Efforts Continue Today
November 5, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano announced that he is partnering with the Empire Electrical Inspectors of New York to assist LIPA in restoring power to homes throughout Nassau. Yesterday, a team of 30 inspectors visited 4,000 homes in Nassau County to inspect circuit breakers and notified LIPA whether it was safe or not...
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- New York Real Estate Executive Robert White, Jr., CRE, Receives Prestigious Award from Industry Group
- NY’s Urban Post Disaster Housing Prototype Named MBI’s November Building of the Month
- New housing and services lift veterans in the Bronx
- NYU CUSP UNVEILS FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND ‘URBAN OBSERVATORY’ in DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN
- New York and Ohio to Use Uniform Mortgage Test; 43 State Agencies Now Using the Test
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services