New York, NY – January 18, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano reminds residents today that the deadline for filing applications for the Sheltering and Temporary Essential Power (STEP) program is Friday, January 18, 2013. The program provides emergency assistance with restoring temporary electricity, heat and hot water to homes which can shelter homeowners while permanent repair work continues.
“Nassau County is devoting every resource available to assist residents with getting back into their homes as soon as possible, even as work continues on permanent repairs,” said County Executive Mangano. “It is vitally important that people not miss this important deadline to file the appropriate paperwork with FEMA and avoid any unnecessary delays.”
A hotline for residents seeking assistance through STEP has been established by Nassau County. The number is 1-888-684-4267. Once the call is made, a program administrator dispatches an assessment team. After an assessment is conducted and a scope of work is detailed and approved, the contractor will obtain the required permits and schedule the work. Work must be completed 60 days from when the assessment was conducted.
No related posts.
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- Mangano: IDA Helps Bring Much Needed Rental Housing Options To Nassau County
- Governor Cuomo Highlights New York State Budget in Monroe County
- A.G. Schneiderman Secures Agreement With Major Commercial Real Estate Company To Ensure Equal Access To Its Shopping Center Parking Lots
- SCHUMER & GILLIBRAND ANNOUNCE $1.7 MILLION IN FEDERAL FUNDS TO BUYOUT AND DEMOLISH SEVERLY FLOOD-DAMAGED BUILDINGS IN DELAWARE COUNTY – WILL REMOVE BLIGHTED PROPERTIES AND CREATE NEW GREEN SPACE IN VILLAGE OF SIDNEY
- Congressman Engel announces over $3 million HUD award for homeless services
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services