|Search more Real Estate News on 98 real estate sites|
New York, NY – January 18, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano reminds residents today that the deadline for filing applications for the Sheltering and Temporary Essential Power (STEP) program is Friday, January 18, 2013. The program provides emergency assistance with restoring temporary electricity, heat and hot water to homes which can shelter homeowners while permanent repair work continues.
“Nassau County is devoting every resource available to assist residents with getting back into their homes as soon as possible, even as work continues on permanent repairs,” said County Executive Mangano. “It is vitally important that people not miss this important deadline to file the appropriate paperwork with FEMA and avoid any unnecessary delays.”
A hotline for residents seeking assistance through STEP has been established by Nassau County. The number is 1-888-684-4267. Once the call is made, a program administrator dispatches an assessment team. After an assessment is conducted and a scope of work is detailed and approved, the contractor will obtain the required permits and schedule the work. Work must be completed 60 days from when the assessment was conducted.
- Mangano Announces Home Down Payment Program
November 10, 2010 - (RealEstateRama) -- Those who hope to fulfill the dream of owning their first home were given an edge today when Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano announced a new program that will provide down payment assistance....
- Mangano Announces Emergency Housing Through Warm Bed Program
Mineola, NY - December 16, 2010 - (RealEstateRama) -- Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano has announced that Warm Bed, Nassau’s homeless program providing shelter relief to families and individuals during cold winter months, has been activated. A one-stop Nassau County Winter Homeless Hotline, 1-866-WARM-BED, will operate 7 days a week and run through March 31. County Executive Mangano...
- Mangano Announces Emergency Winter Shelter For Homeless Residents
Mineola, NY - November 29, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- With a wintery mix over the region, Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano today activated Nassau’s Warm Bed homeless program which providing shelter relief to individuals and families during cold winter months. The Nassau County Warm Bed Hotline, 1-866-WARM-BED (1-866-927-6233), will operate 7 days a week and run through March 31,...
- County Executive Bellone Reminds Residents About NYS Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
Hauppauge, NY - January 14, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- County Executive Bellone reminds Suffolk County residents, who are eligible, to participate in HEAP, a federally funded program that issues heating benefits to supplement a household’s annual energy cost...
- Mangano Urges Storm Victims To Complete FEMA Continuing Rental Assistance Form
December 11, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano reminded residents that they must complete a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) “Declaration for Continuing Need for Rental Assistance” form in order to continue to receive rental assistance....
- Rise to the challenge and fight street homelessness
- AMERICAN REALTY ADVISORS ACQUIRES RETAIL CENTER IN DUTCHESS COUNTY, NEW YORK
- Western New York Regional Economic Development Council to Hold CFA Technical Assistance Conference
- Senate Democratic Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins Urges Communities To Apply for the New NY Bridge’s $20 Million Community Benefits Program
- NYCHA residents to get swifter capital repairs and access to union jobs and training through newly signed labor agreement with building trades union
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services