Transitional Sheltering Assistance Program Extended for an Additional 14 Days; Individual Assistance Program Extended 30 days
New York, NY – January 28, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano announced today that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has approved a 14-day extension to the Transitional Sheltering Assistance (TSA) program and a 30-day extension for the Individual Assistance (IA) program. This action will allow eligible survivors from Hurricane Sandy who cannot return to their homes to stay in participating hotels or motels and enable eligible individuals the ability to receive Federal assistance for repairing their damaged properties.
The new TSA extension will allow applicants to remain in participating hotels until February 9, 2013. FEMA will call applicants eligible for the extension to notify them of the extended 14-day period and the checkout date of February 10, 2013.
The IA extension will provide an additional 30 days for individuals and businesses to apply to FEMA for assistance for home repairs and other needs and to the Small Business Administration for loans.
TSA is short-term program that places families in hotels while they work toward a longer-term housing plan. Individuals must be checked in to the program by January 26, 2013 to be eligible.
To be eligible for FEMA Programs, survivors must first apply for federal assistance through FEMA by:
· Registering online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov;
· Registering via smartphone or tablet by using the FEMA app or going to m.fema.gov; or
· Registering by calling 800-621-FEMA (3362) (TTY 800-462-7585). For 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 800-621-3362.
- Governor Cuomo Announces Housing and Individual Assistance Extension for Hurricane Sandy Victims
Albany, NY - January 25, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), at the request of the State of New York, has approved a 14-day extension to the Transitional Sheltering Assistance (TSA) program and a 30-day extension for the Individual Assistance (IA) program. This action will allow eligible survivors from...
- Rep. McCarthy Announces Rental Assistance Increase for Hurricane Sandy Victims
GARDEN CITY, NY - November 8, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY4) announced that the amount of temporary rental assistance for storm survivors in her district available through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is increasing by 25 percent....
- Mangano Urges Storm Victims To Complete FEMA Continuing Rental Assistance Form
December 11, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano reminded residents that they must complete a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) “Declaration for Continuing Need for Rental Assistance” form in order to continue to receive rental assistance....
- Survivors Must Contact FEMA to Keep Temporary Housing Assistance
New York, NY - December 10, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- Hurricane Sandy survivors, who received temporary housing assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and continue to have a housing need, must fill out an important form for additional short-term rental assistance...
- FEMA Helps Survivors Solve Housing Needs
NEW YORK, NY - December 19, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency and our federal partners are working closely with the state to address the housing needs of New Yorkers displaced by Hurricane Sandy. Our priority is to help survivors move out of hotel rooms and into apartments or their safe, repaired homes....
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- New York Real Estate Executive Robert White, Jr., CRE, Receives Prestigious Award from Industry Group
- NY’s Urban Post Disaster Housing Prototype Named MBI’s November Building of the Month
- New housing and services lift veterans in the Bronx
- NYU CUSP UNVEILS FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND ‘URBAN OBSERVATORY’ in DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN
- New York and Ohio to Use Uniform Mortgage Test; 43 State Agencies Now Using the Test
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services