Transitional Sheltering Assistance Program Extended for an Additional 14 Days; Individual Assistance Program Extended 30 days
New York, NY – January 28, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano announced today that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has approved a 14-day extension to the Transitional Sheltering Assistance (TSA) program and a 30-day extension for the Individual Assistance (IA) program. This action will allow eligible survivors from Hurricane Sandy who cannot return to their homes to stay in participating hotels or motels and enable eligible individuals the ability to receive Federal assistance for repairing their damaged properties.
The new TSA extension will allow applicants to remain in participating hotels until February 9, 2013. FEMA will call applicants eligible for the extension to notify them of the extended 14-day period and the checkout date of February 10, 2013.
The IA extension will provide an additional 30 days for individuals and businesses to apply to FEMA for assistance for home repairs and other needs and to the Small Business Administration for loans.
TSA is short-term program that places families in hotels while they work toward a longer-term housing plan. Individuals must be checked in to the program by January 26, 2013 to be eligible.
To be eligible for FEMA Programs, survivors must first apply for federal assistance through FEMA by:
· Registering online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov;
· Registering via smartphone or tablet by using the FEMA app or going to m.fema.gov; or
· Registering by calling 800-621-FEMA (3362) (TTY 800-462-7585). For 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 800-621-3362.
No related posts.
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- Why We Are Worth It
- Tenants & Neighbors Names Katie Goldstein New Executive Director
- Mangano Directs Assessment Officials To Accept Grievances Until March 7th
- Wintry weather fails to quell demand for homes
- DOS HOSTS MEETING OF STATE FIRE PREVENTION AND BUILDING CODE COUNCIL
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services