–Activity Reinforces Strength of Madison Avenue Retail Market–
NEW YORK, NY – January 28, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — RKF has completed the leasing assignment at the base of The Mark Hotel at 992-998 Madison Avenue on behalf of ownership Alexico Group. All of the hotel’s ground floor retail space, which is located on Madison Avenue and 77th Street, is now leased.
RKF was responsible for leases with Zadig et Voltaire, Jack Vartanian, Punto Ottico, Phoenix Roze and, more recently, 25 Park. These tenants joined Frederic Fekkai Salon, The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges, John Lobb and Sant Ambroeus at this high-profile property.
“We will continue to see strong demand here as retailers recognize that the affluent Upper East Side demographic wants more fashion retail options in their backyard,” said RKF Managing Director Beth Rosen, who with Sal Ferrigno was a member of the leasing team that represented the landlord. “This certainly explains why international designers and brands are opening stores on Madison Avenue in the Seventies either in addition to (or instead of) opening them in major NYC shopping districts such as SoHo and the Meatpacking District.”
“We are extremely pleased to host such high-profile retailers like Zadig et Voltaire, Frederic Fekkai, John Lobb and Jack Vartanian, as well as the Michelin Star restaurateur Jean-Georges at The Mark,” said Niso Bahar of Alexico Group.
Housed within a 1927-era landmark building on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, The Mark Hotel has recently been completely reimagined. In addition to its ultra-chic hotel suites, the building also houses beautifully appointed residential units designed by Jacques Grange.
The country’s leading independent real estate firm specializing in retail leasing, investment sales and consulting services, RKF serves a broad spectrum of domestic and global clients in services ranging from national tenant and owner representation to advisory, consulting and disposition. With approximately $20 billion in aggregate real estate transactions to its credit, RKF has been responsible for identifying scores of real estate opportunities throughout the United States for leading American and international chains, retailers, developers and institutional clients. RKF is headquartered in New York with offices in Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Northern New Jersey and San Francisco.
- RKF COMPLETES $6.6 MILLION SALE OF RETAIL CONDOMINIUM AT THE YVES IN CHELSEA
NEW YORK, NY - March 8, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- RKF recently completed the $6.6 million sale of the 3,496-square-foot retail condominium at 127 Seventh Ave., located in the Yves, a 14-story residential building located on the southeast corner of 18th Street in Chelsea. The retail condominium, which is fully leased to CORE Group Marketing, consists of 2,064 square feet...
- RKF AND RFR BRING REBECCA TAYLOR, VINCE AND SANDRO TO RFR PROPERTY 980 MADISON AVE.; HELPS REVITALIZE UPPER EAST SIDE RETAIL CORRIDOR WITH INFLUX OF AFFORDABLE LUXURY BRANDS
NEW YORK, NY - May 10, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- RKF and RFR have brought prominent fashion labels Rebecca Taylor, Vince and Sandro to the Upper East Side at 980 Madison Ave., on the west block between 76th and 77th Streets. These new leases exemplify the trend of affordable luxury fashion brands heading to Madison Avenue on the Upper East...
- RKF HELPS PRET A MANGER EXPAND IN MANHATTAN, ARRANGING TWO NEW LEASES FOR THE SANDWICH CHAIN
New York, NY - January 4, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- RKF, the exclusive retail leasing agent in Manhattan for Pret A Manger, is helping the sandwich chain expand throughout the city, most recently by arranging two new long-term retail leases. The newly opened shops are located at 350 Hudson St. and 62 West 45th St. in Manhattan. In total, Pret...
- RKF ANNOUNCES BROKER PROMOTIONS FOR GELBER, PETERSEN, SEGALL, AND COVEY
NEW YORK, NY - March 5, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- RKF, the leading independent real estate firm in retail leasing, investment sales and consulting services, has announced four promotions for brokers in its New York office....
- RKF HELPS BRING PIER 1 IMPORTS TO UPPER EAST SIDE; HOME FURNISHINGS STORE TAKES 17,514 SF AT 1110 THIRD AVE. FOR SECOND STORE IN MANHATTAN
NEW YORK, NY - March 19, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- Pier 1 Imports is coming to the Upper East Side, and RKF arranged the 17, 514-square-foot retail lease with the home furnishings and gifts store at 1110 Third Ave. Located on the northwest corner of 65th Street at the base of The Chatham, the Robert A. M. Stern-designed residential condominium,...
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- House passes crucial job training legislation
- Tonko Statement on Housing for Undocumented Children
- Governor Cuomo Announces $14 Million in Awards for Affordable Housing
- Governor Cuomo Deploys DFS Mobile Command Center to Branchport to Help Finger Lakes Area Flood Victims
- EPA Settlement with Rochester Area Home Builder Protects Area Waterways; Developer Agrees to Construct Project to Reduce Polluted Stormwater Discharges
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services