Residents of thirteen declared counties may apply for FEMA disaster assistance through March 29, 2013
Albany, NY – February 26, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced that the deadline for residents living in one of the thirteen disaster-declared counties to register for FEMA assistance has been extended to March 29, 2013. The previous deadline was February 27, 2013.
Federal disaster assistance for individuals and families can include money for rental assistance, essential home repairs, personal property losses and other serious disaster-related needs not covered by insurance. Residents in the following counties are eligible for assistance: Bronx, Kings, Nassau, New York, Richmond, Rockland, Westchester, Suffolk, Queens, Orange, Putnam, Sullivan and Ulster.
“It is clear that many New Yorkers impacted by Hurricane Sandy are still in need and must have access to disaster assistance and resources to help them get back on their feet,” Governor Cuomo said. “This extension from FEMA will provide impacted residents with more time to get help so they can rebuild as soon as possible.”
The state’s request also included a 30-day extension for individuals and businesses to apply to the Small Business Administration for lowered-interest loans.
Individuals can register online at www.disasterassistance.gov or via smartphone or tablet at m.fema.gov.
Applicants may also call 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585. Applicants who use 7-1-1 Relay or Video Relay Services (VRS) may call 800-621-3362. The toll-free telephone numbers operate 7 a.m. to 1 a.m., seven days a week until further notice.
The SBA Disaster Customer Service Center toll-free number is: 800-659-2955 (TTY 800-877-8339). Assistance is also available by sending an email to DisasterCustomerService (at) sba (dot) gov or by visiting www.sba.gov.
A simple and fast way to complete an SBA application is online is available at: https://DisasterLoan.SBA.gov/ELA.
FEMA and SBA representatives are available to answer questions at each Disaster Recovery Center. To find the nearest disaster recovery center, use the locator at www.FEMA.gov/disaster-recovery-centers or, with a tablet or smartphone, go to m.fema.gov.
You may also text “DRC” and your Zip Code to 43362 (4FEMA). For example, if you lived in Staten Island, you would text: DRC 10301. Or call 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585).
Governor’s Press Office
NYC Press Office: 212.681.4640
Albany Press Office: 518.474.8418
press.office (at) exec.ny (dot) gov
No related posts.
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- Why We Are Worth It
- Tenants & Neighbors Names Katie Goldstein New Executive Director
- Mangano Directs Assessment Officials To Accept Grievances Until March 7th
- Wintry weather fails to quell demand for homes
- DOS HOSTS MEETING OF STATE FIRE PREVENTION AND BUILDING CODE COUNCIL
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services