Residents of thirteen declared counties may apply for FEMA disaster assistance through March 29, 2013
Albany, NY – February 26, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced that the deadline for residents living in one of the thirteen disaster-declared counties to register for FEMA assistance has been extended to March 29, 2013. The previous deadline was February 27, 2013.
Federal disaster assistance for individuals and families can include money for rental assistance, essential home repairs, personal property losses and other serious disaster-related needs not covered by insurance. Residents in the following counties are eligible for assistance: Bronx, Kings, Nassau, New York, Richmond, Rockland, Westchester, Suffolk, Queens, Orange, Putnam, Sullivan and Ulster.
“It is clear that many New Yorkers impacted by Hurricane Sandy are still in need and must have access to disaster assistance and resources to help them get back on their feet,” Governor Cuomo said. “This extension from FEMA will provide impacted residents with more time to get help so they can rebuild as soon as possible.”
The state’s request also included a 30-day extension for individuals and businesses to apply to the Small Business Administration for lowered-interest loans.
Individuals can register online at www.disasterassistance.gov or via smartphone or tablet at m.fema.gov.
Applicants may also call 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585. Applicants who use 7-1-1 Relay or Video Relay Services (VRS) may call 800-621-3362. The toll-free telephone numbers operate 7 a.m. to 1 a.m., seven days a week until further notice.
The SBA Disaster Customer Service Center toll-free number is: 800-659-2955 (TTY 800-877-8339). Assistance is also available by sending an email to DisasterCustomerService (at) sba (dot) gov or by visiting www.sba.gov.
A simple and fast way to complete an SBA application is online is available at: https://DisasterLoan.SBA.gov/ELA.
FEMA and SBA representatives are available to answer questions at each Disaster Recovery Center. To find the nearest disaster recovery center, use the locator at www.FEMA.gov/disaster-recovery-centers or, with a tablet or smartphone, go to m.fema.gov.
You may also text “DRC” and your Zip Code to 43362 (4FEMA). For example, if you lived in Staten Island, you would text: DRC 10301. Or call 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585).
Governor’s Press Office
NYC Press Office: 212.681.4640
Albany Press Office: 518.474.8418
press.office (at) exec.ny (dot) gov
- NY 13365 – SBA Deadline for Physical Damage Extended to Feb. 27; Disaster Loan Outreach Center Opens in Brooklyn
ATLANTA - January 30, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- The U. S. Small Business Administration has extended the deadline for Hurricane Sandy survivors in New York to return their low-interest loan applications for physical damage to Feb. 27, 2013. Also, SBA announced the opening of a Disaster Loan Outreach Center (DLOC) in Brooklyn, NY today, Jan. 28 at 8 a.m. The...
- FEMA, SBA Assistance to New York Survivors Tops $1 Billion
NEW YORK, NY - December 21, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- Federal disaster assistance for Hurricane Sandy survivors tops $1 billion in New York. The Federal Emergency Management Agency has approved grants of more than $802 million for rental assistance, home repairs and other needs. The U.S. Small Business Administration has approved low-interest disaster loans of more than $232 million to...
- FEMA Rental Assistance May be Used for Security Deposits
NEW YORK, NY - January 17, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- As the Jan. 28, 2013 deadline to register for FEMA assistance approaches in New York, recovery officials want to make sure Hurricane Sandy survivors know that they may be able to use Temporary Rental Assistance funds to help pay for a security deposit...
- Governor Cuomo Announces Housing and Individual Assistance Extension for Hurricane Sandy Victims
Albany, NY - January 25, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), at the request of the State of New York, has approved a 14-day extension to the Transitional Sheltering Assistance (TSA) program and a 30-day extension for the Individual Assistance (IA) program. This action will allow eligible survivors from...
- Building better and smarter can start with an SBA Disaster Loan
NEW YORK, NY - January 31, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- Protection from future severe weather damage can begin with a low-interest U.S. Small Business Administration disaster loan for eligible homeowners, businesses and private nonprofits....
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- House passes crucial job training legislation
- Tonko Statement on Housing for Undocumented Children
- Governor Cuomo Announces $14 Million in Awards for Affordable Housing
- Governor Cuomo Deploys DFS Mobile Command Center to Branchport to Help Finger Lakes Area Flood Victims
- EPA Settlement with Rochester Area Home Builder Protects Area Waterways; Developer Agrees to Construct Project to Reduce Polluted Stormwater Discharges
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services