|Search more Real Estate News on 98 real estate sites|
NEW YORK, NY – March 15, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Disaster assistance to New York survivors of Hurricane Sandy:
- $2.95 billion in National Flood Insurance Program payments made to policy holders
- More than $928.5 millionin FEMA grants approved for individuals and households
- Nearly $800.4 million for housing assistance
- More than $128.1 million for other needs
- Nearly $1.25 billion in SBA disaster loans approved for homeowners, renters and businesses
- Nearly $738 million approved in FEMA Public Assistance grants to communities and some nonprofit organizations that serve the public
- 5.3 million cubic yards of debris removed (95 percent)
- 269,923 people contacted FEMA for help or information
- 181,582 housing inspections completed
- 169,859 visits to Disaster Recovery Centers
- More than 500 voluntary agencies involved in recovery
Individuals can register with FEMA online at DisasterAssistance.gov or via smartphone or tablet at m.fema.gov. Applicants may also call 800-621-3362 (Voice, 7-1-1/Relay) or TTY 800-462-7585. The toll-free telephone numbers operate 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. EDT, seven days a week.
- New York recovery from Hurricane Sandy
NEW YORK, NY - March 11, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- Disaster assistance to New York survivors of Hurricane Sandy. $2.8 billionin direct assistance to homeowners, renters, businesses and repair or replacement of public infrastructure...
- $2 billion provided to NY survivors by FEMA, SBA
NEW YORK, NY - March 1, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency and the U.S. Small Business Administration have approved more than $2 billion in direct assistance to homeowners, renters and businesses affected by Hurricane Sandy. This includes...
- FEMA, SBA Assistance to New York Survivors Tops $1 Billion
NEW YORK, NY - December 21, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- Federal disaster assistance for Hurricane Sandy survivors tops $1 billion in New York. The Federal Emergency Management Agency has approved grants of more than $802 million for rental assistance, home repairs and other needs. The U.S. Small Business Administration has approved low-interest disaster loans of more than $232 million to...
- Mangano Announces Housing And Individual Assistance Extension For Hurricane Sandy Victims
New York, NY - January 28, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano announced today that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has approved a 14-day extension to the Transitional Sheltering Assistance (TSA) program and a 30-day extension for the Individual Assistance (IA) program. This action will allow eligible survivors from Hurricane Sandy who cannot return to...
- Take Precautions in Your Home After Hurricane Sandy
NEW YORK, NY - December 6, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- As New Yorkers remain in their homes or begin to consider returning home following Hurricane Sandy, the State of New York and the Federal Emergency Management Agency urge them to be careful, remain safe and plan properly for their future well-being....
- Rep. Engel Announces $492,000 HUD Grant for Yonkers Municipal Housing Authority
- Lockport Man Sentenced for Mortgage Fraud
- Empire State Development Announces Amsterdam Printing Plans To Continue And Grow Operations In The Mohawk Valley
- A.G. Schneiderman Secures Over $500,000 In Restitution And Title Certificates For Consumers Against Dominican Republic Real Estate Developer
- Rose Associates Receives REBNY Award for RoseCares
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services