Newburgh, NY – May 29, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Representative Sean Patrick Maloney announced that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development awarded Orange County’s Lead Safe Program with a Lead Based Paint Hazard Control grant and Healthy Homes Initiative funding. This investment will help Orange County’s Office of Community Development clear homes of lead paint and fire hazards, improving the living conditions and safety of children and families across Orange County.
“This is a critical investment in our children’s future and the revitalization of our communities,” said Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney. “I am excited that we could partner with local government to get results for our neighbors in the Hudson Valley to make our children healthier and our homes safer.”
“We are extremely grateful for the work Representative Sean Patrick Maloney and his office have done on behalf of our community and for their support during our application process,” said Rich Mayfield, Director of Orange County’s Office of Community Development. “It is through partnerships like this that we are able to get to work improving our overall housing inventory for those most in need in our community.”
The U.S. Department of House and Urban Developments investment will clear 6,373 high-risk homes of lead paint and other health hazards, train workers in lead-safe work practices, and increase public awareness about childhood lead poisoning. Rep. Maloney encourages those interested in applying for a HUD grant to visit www.hud.gov or contact the Director of Grants in Rep. Maloney’s Newburgh office.
- SCHUMER ANNOUNCES OVER $1.5 MILLION IN HUD GRANTS FOR LEAD HAZARD REDUCTION COMING TO WESTCHESTER COUNTY
WASHINGTON, D.C. - January 20, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- U.S. Senator Charles E. Schumer announced that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Office of Healthy Homes and Lead Hazard Control Program (OHHLHC) has awarded $1,749,639 to the County of Westchester to conduct education and outreach activities to create an awareness of lead hazard control and lead poisoning prevention....
- Senator Clinton Announces Nearly $4 Million In Funding For Lead-Safe Housing In Rochester
WASHINGTON, DC – October 16, 2008 – (RealEstateRama) — Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton today welcomed an announcement by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) of an award totaling $3,999,700 in Lead Hazard Reduction Demonstration funds for the City of Rochester. The grant will allow the City to complete and clear 250 units [...]...
- Schumer, Gillibrand Announce Over $326,000 Federal Investment for Orange County to Develop Vacant Waterfront Property
Sparrowbush, NY - August 3, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- U.S. Senators Charles E. Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand announced that $326,250 in federal funding was awarded to the New York State Department of Transportation to allow Orange County to purchase and redevelop vacant waterfront property along the Delaware River. Specifically, the funding will allow Orange County to acquire and preserve over...
- Senators Schumer and Gillibrand Announce Over $2 Million in Economic Recovery Act Funding Coming to Utica for Lead-Based Paint Removal in Low-Income Homes
New York, NY - May 15, 2009 - (RealEstateRama) — United States Senators Charles E. Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand announced today that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has awarded a total of $2,038,081 in American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA) funding to the city of Utica through the Lead-Based Paint Hazard Control (LHC) Grant Program....
- MOMENTUM BUILDS FOR PREVIEW OPENING OF HIGHPOINTE AT WOODBURY JUNCTION IN ORANGE COUNTY, N.Y.
MONROE-WOODBURY, N.Y. - May 3, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- Upscale suburban living in one of Orange County’s most prominent new residential addresses is exactly what buyers will find at HighPointe at Woodbury Junction, a very exclusive collection of single-family homes rising within this established residential community in the Orange County Town of Central Valley As a result, anticipation is at...
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- New York Real Estate Executive Robert White, Jr., CRE, Receives Prestigious Award from Industry Group
- NY’s Urban Post Disaster Housing Prototype Named MBI’s November Building of the Month
- New housing and services lift veterans in the Bronx
- NYU CUSP UNVEILS FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND ‘URBAN OBSERVATORY’ in DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN
- New York and Ohio to Use Uniform Mortgage Test; 43 State Agencies Now Using the Test
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services