Newburgh, NY – May 29, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Representative Sean Patrick Maloney announced that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development awarded Orange County’s Lead Safe Program with a Lead Based Paint Hazard Control grant and Healthy Homes Initiative funding. This investment will help Orange County’s Office of Community Development clear homes of lead paint and fire hazards, improving the living conditions and safety of children and families across Orange County.
“This is a critical investment in our children’s future and the revitalization of our communities,” said Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney. “I am excited that we could partner with local government to get results for our neighbors in the Hudson Valley to make our children healthier and our homes safer.”
“We are extremely grateful for the work Representative Sean Patrick Maloney and his office have done on behalf of our community and for their support during our application process,” said Rich Mayfield, Director of Orange County’s Office of Community Development. “It is through partnerships like this that we are able to get to work improving our overall housing inventory for those most in need in our community.”
The U.S. Department of House and Urban Developments investment will clear 6,373 high-risk homes of lead paint and other health hazards, train workers in lead-safe work practices, and increase public awareness about childhood lead poisoning. Rep. Maloney encourages those interested in applying for a HUD grant to visit www.hud.gov or contact the Director of Grants in Rep. Maloney’s Newburgh office.
No related posts.
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- Why We Are Worth It
- Tenants & Neighbors Names Katie Goldstein New Executive Director
- Mangano Directs Assessment Officials To Accept Grievances Until March 7th
- Wintry weather fails to quell demand for homes
- DOS HOSTS MEETING OF STATE FIRE PREVENTION AND BUILDING CODE COUNCIL
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services