“HUD-VASH grant will provide permanent housing to 20 homeless veterans “
Washington, DC – May 30, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — A $168,500 grant for the Manchester Housing & Redevelopment Authority will provide permanent housing to 20 homeless veterans and is a positive step forward to battling veterans homelessness in the state, U.S. Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) said today. The supportive housing assistance is provided through the HUD (U.S. Housing and Urban Development)-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) Program, which combines rental assistance from HUD with case management and clinical services provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
“This funding is good news for veterans in the Granite State and a boost to our ongoing efforts to make sure our veterans have stable housing and a roof over their heads,” Shaheen said. “Our nation owes a deep debt to all servicemembers who have answered the call of duty, and we have a responsibility to provide the resources and services to ensure their needs are met. With veterans returning home every day, programs like HUD-VASH are a good tool to break the cycle of homelessness and get veterans back on their feet.”
Today’s announcement for the Manchester Housing & Redevelopment Authority is part of an allocation of $60 million that will be distributed to local public housing agencies across the country and provide assistance to an estimated 9,000 veterans.
Shaheen has worked extensively to address veterans homelessness, one of the most complex and significant challenges facing returning servicemembers. Last week she introduced legislation, the Veterans Legal Support Act of 2013, to help reduce homelessness and the veterans disability claims backlog by utilizing veterans legal clinics to assist with complex benefits claims.
Press Office, (202) 224-5553
No related posts.
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- Why We Are Worth It
- Tenants & Neighbors Names Katie Goldstein New Executive Director
- Mangano Directs Assessment Officials To Accept Grievances Until March 7th
- Wintry weather fails to quell demand for homes
- DOS HOSTS MEETING OF STATE FIRE PREVENTION AND BUILDING CODE COUNCIL
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services