TENANTS & NEIGHBORS AND ASSEMBLY MEMBER LINDA B. ROSENTHAL TO HOLD RALLY AND PRESS CONFERENCE BEFORE NOVEMBER 22 HEARING ON PROPOSED 8.3% INCREASE TO THE RENT CEILING FOR RENT CONTROLLED TENANTS
New York, NY – November 22, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — On Friday, November 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM, the New York State Tenants & Neighbors Coalition, Assembly Member Linda B. Rosenthal, allied elected officials, and rent controlled tenants from across New York City will hold a rally and press conference outside 22 Reade Street before a hearing on a proposed 8.3% increase to the ceiling rent for rent controlled tenants. The event and the testimonies at the hearing will focus on the need for rents to be kept affordable for rent controlled tenants, many of whom are elderly and are living on fixed incomes.
This action is part of a campaign organized by the New York State Tenants & Neighbors Coalition to urge the state legislature to pass a bill that has been introduced by Assembly Member Rosenthal (A7881) that would end the annual 7.5% rent increases and bring the increases for rent controlled tenants in line with typical rent stabilized adjustments, replacing the 7.5% rent increase with a rolling average of the past five years of New York City RGB rent adjustments for one-year renewal leases.
Contact: Katie Goldstein, Tenants & Neighbors, 786-390-3303, kgoldstein (at) tandn (dot) org
- Tenants & Neighbors and Assemblymember Rosenthal To Hold Rally and Press Conference at November 10 MBR Hearing
New York, NY - November 10, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- On Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 10:00 AM the New York State Tenants & Neighbors Coalition, Assemblymember Linda B. Rosenthal, allied elected officials and rent-controlled tenants from across New York City will hold a rally and press conference at 22 Reade Street, outside the biennial Maximum Base Rent hearing, at...
- Tenants & Neighbors and Allied Elected Officials Rally to Protect Rent Controlled Seniors
New York, NY - April 20, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- The New York State Tenants & Neighbors Coalition, the Real Rent Reform Campaign, elected officials, and allied organizations will rally- and sing!- in support of A1892/S5699 (Rosenthal/Espaillat), on Friday, April 20 at 11:30 AM at the Goddard-Riverside Community Center. The bill in the legislature will help protect certain rent controlled...
- Tenants & Neighbors and ALLIED ELECTED OFFICIALS RALLY TO protect rent controlled seniors
New York, NY - April 20, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- The New York State Tenants & Neighbors Coalition today joined with elected officials and allied organizations at a rally and press conference in support of critical legislation to protect seniors in rent controlled housing, A1892/S5699 (Rosenthal/Espaillat)....
- Tenants Rally and Testify for Stronger Rent Law Enforcement
- June 10, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- NYC Tenants and grassroots organizations from around the city will gather at a rally in support of stronger regulations for rent law enforcement, in order to prevent illegal overcharges, harassment and eviction. Immediately following the rally, tenants will testify at a hearing to review the state housing agency's proposed amendments the rules regarding...
- Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, Housing Committee Chairman Vito Lopez, the Assembly Majority and the Community Service Society Release Groundbreaking Report Highlighting NYC Housing Crisis and the Need For Stronger Rent Laws
NEW YORK, NY - March 15, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and Assembly Housing Committee Chairman Vito Lopez were joined by members of the Assembly Majority, David R. Jones the President of the Community Service Society of New York, affordable housing advocates and rent-regulated tenants to release a groundbreaking new report documenting rent-stabilized housing’s critical role in...
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- New York Real Estate Executive Robert White, Jr., CRE, Receives Prestigious Award from Industry Group
- NY’s Urban Post Disaster Housing Prototype Named MBI’s November Building of the Month
- New housing and services lift veterans in the Bronx
- NYU CUSP UNVEILS FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND ‘URBAN OBSERVATORY’ in DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN
- New York and Ohio to Use Uniform Mortgage Test; 43 State Agencies Now Using the Test
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services