TENANTS & NEIGHBORS AND ASSEMBLY MEMBER LINDA B. ROSENTHAL TO HOLD RALLY AND PRESS CONFERENCE BEFORE NOVEMBER 22 HEARING ON PROPOSED 8.3% INCREASE TO THE RENT CEILING FOR RENT CONTROLLED TENANTS
New York, NY – November 22, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — On Friday, November 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM, the New York State Tenants & Neighbors Coalition, Assembly Member Linda B. Rosenthal, allied elected officials, and rent controlled tenants from across New York City will hold a rally and press conference outside 22 Reade Street before a hearing on a proposed 8.3% increase to the ceiling rent for rent controlled tenants. The event and the testimonies at the hearing will focus on the need for rents to be kept affordable for rent controlled tenants, many of whom are elderly and are living on fixed incomes.
This action is part of a campaign organized by the New York State Tenants & Neighbors Coalition to urge the state legislature to pass a bill that has been introduced by Assembly Member Rosenthal (A7881) that would end the annual 7.5% rent increases and bring the increases for rent controlled tenants in line with typical rent stabilized adjustments, replacing the 7.5% rent increase with a rolling average of the past five years of New York City RGB rent adjustments for one-year renewal leases.
Contact: Katie Goldstein, Tenants & Neighbors, 786-390-3303, kgoldstein (at) tandn (dot) org
No related posts.
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- SCHUMER TO FEDS: WHEN IT COMES TO SANDY RECOVERY, DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE NORTH SHORE – CRITICAL SANDY REBUILDING PROJECTS HAVE NOT BEEN FUNDED BY FEDS IN TOWN OF NORTH HEMPSTEAD
- Governor Cuomo Announces $95 Million to Build Affordable Housing Across the State
- Mangano: IDA Helps Bring Much Needed Rental Housing Options To Nassau County
- Governor Cuomo Highlights New York State Budget in Monroe County
- A.G. Schneiderman Secures Agreement With Major Commercial Real Estate Company To Ensure Equal Access To Its Shopping Center Parking Lots
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services