U.S. Rep Gregory W. Meeks Statement on Ending Obstruction in the Senate
WASHINGTON, D.C. – November 22, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Excerpt: I urge the Senate to vote on the president’s nominees to judicial courts, Jeh Johnson to be Secretary of Homeland Security, and Congressman Mel Watt (D-NC) to head Federal Housing Finance Authority.
WASHINGTON – Congressman Gregory W. Meeks (NY-05) released the following statement on the Senate filibuster:
“I applaud Leader Reid and the Senate Democrats for taking a stand against the unprecedented level of obstructionism against the president’s agenda. I urge the Senate to vote on the president’s nominees to judicial courts, Jeh Johnson to be Secretary of Homeland Security, and Congressman Mel Watt (D-NC) to head Federal Housing Finance Authority.
“In the 219 years prior to this administration, the Senate blocked a total of 86 nominees, in the last five and half years Republicans have blocked 82 nominees. Right now, more 75 nominees currently await confirmation by the Senate. With the threat of a filibuster off the table, I hope that the Senate can now get on to the business of confirming nominees and passing legislation to put Americans back to work.”
No related posts.
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- SCHUMER TO FEDS: WHEN IT COMES TO SANDY RECOVERY, DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE NORTH SHORE – CRITICAL SANDY REBUILDING PROJECTS HAVE NOT BEEN FUNDED BY FEDS IN TOWN OF NORTH HEMPSTEAD
- Governor Cuomo Announces $95 Million to Build Affordable Housing Across the State
- Mangano: IDA Helps Bring Much Needed Rental Housing Options To Nassau County
- Governor Cuomo Highlights New York State Budget in Monroe County
- A.G. Schneiderman Secures Agreement With Major Commercial Real Estate Company To Ensure Equal Access To Its Shopping Center Parking Lots
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services