U.S. Rep Gregory W. Meeks Statement on Ending Obstruction in the Senate
WASHINGTON, D.C. – November 22, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Excerpt: I urge the Senate to vote on the president’s nominees to judicial courts, Jeh Johnson to be Secretary of Homeland Security, and Congressman Mel Watt (D-NC) to head Federal Housing Finance Authority.
WASHINGTON – Congressman Gregory W. Meeks (NY-05) released the following statement on the Senate filibuster:
“I applaud Leader Reid and the Senate Democrats for taking a stand against the unprecedented level of obstructionism against the president’s agenda. I urge the Senate to vote on the president’s nominees to judicial courts, Jeh Johnson to be Secretary of Homeland Security, and Congressman Mel Watt (D-NC) to head Federal Housing Finance Authority.
“In the 219 years prior to this administration, the Senate blocked a total of 86 nominees, in the last five and half years Republicans have blocked 82 nominees. Right now, more 75 nominees currently await confirmation by the Senate. With the threat of a filibuster off the table, I hope that the Senate can now get on to the business of confirming nominees and passing legislation to put Americans back to work.”
- U.S. Rep. Gregory W. Meeks Statement on the Failure of the U.S. Senate to Confirm Melvin L. Watt Nomination
WASHINGTON, D.C. - November 1, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- Congressman Gregory W. Meeks, (NY-05) Senior Member of the House Financial Services Committee released the following statement:...
- U.S. Rep. Gregory W. Meeks Statement on President Obama’s Nomination of Janet Yellen as the Next Chairman of the Federal Reserve
New York, NY - October 10, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- Excerpt: During the financial crisis, Ms. Yellen was a strong advocate for urgent financial reforms to address the systemic weaknesses and reckless practices that devastated our financial markets and lead to 10 million Americans losing their homes...
- Congressman Gregory W. Meeks Praises Federal Reserve’s Actions
WASHINGTON, DC - September 14, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- Congressman Gregory W. Meeks (D-NY), a senior member of the House Financial Services Committee, released the following statement today in support of the Federal Reserve’s plan to strengthen the economy:...
- PRESS CONFERENCE MONDAY, JULY 18, 2011 @ 11AM Gregory W. Meeks Urges Constituents at Risk of Foreclosure to Apply for the HUD Emergency Homeowners’ Loan Program Residents May Be Eligible For Loans Up To $50,000
JAMAICA,NY - July 18, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- Congressman Gregory W. Meeks (NY-6), senior member of the Financial Services Committee and House Foreign Affairs Committee, along with community organizations, including Neighborhood Works America, will hold a press conference on Monday, July 18, 11:00 am to urge eligible homeowners to act quickly to apply for the U.S. Department of Housing and...
- Congressman Gregory Meeks Hosts Town Halls on Sandy Disaster Recovery
New York, NY - May 29, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- Get the facts on how to apply for the NYC and NYS Community Block Grant housing recovery assistance. Presentations by officials from the Mayor's Housing and Recovery Operations and NYS Homes and Community Renewal....
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- House passes crucial job training legislation
- Tonko Statement on Housing for Undocumented Children
- Governor Cuomo Announces $14 Million in Awards for Affordable Housing
- Governor Cuomo Deploys DFS Mobile Command Center to Branchport to Help Finger Lakes Area Flood Victims
- EPA Settlement with Rochester Area Home Builder Protects Area Waterways; Developer Agrees to Construct Project to Reduce Polluted Stormwater Discharges
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services