Recipients nominated for grants by local Realtor® Associations
WALTHAM, Mass. – May 15, 2017 – (RealEstateRama) — The Massachusetts Association of Realtors® Charitable Foundation recently announced the 2017 recipients of its spring Housing and Homeless Assistance Grants. The following 17 charities were nominated by local Realtor® Associations and then selected to receive a share of $13,500 in grants based on their initiatives to provide affordable housing, shelter and other emergency care services within Massachusetts:
- Annie’s House of Springfield
- Asian Community Development Corporation of Boston
- Carolina Hill/DDMA of Marshfield
- Elizabeth Freeman Center of Pittsfield
- Food Link Inc. of Arlington
- Harwich Ecumenical Council for the Homeless, Inc. of West Harwich
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Plymouth of Carver
- Homeless not Hopeless of Hyannis
- Homeless Prevention Council of Orleans
- Interfaith Hospitality Network of Greater Worcester
- The Jordan Cares Closet of Plymouth
- Matthew 25 of Worcester
- Montachusett Interfaith Hospitality Network of Leominster
- Plymouth Area Coalition for the Homeless, Inc. of Kingston
- Project Just Because of Hopkinton
- The Psychology Center of Lawrence
- YWCA of Newburyport
“Every year, Massachusetts Realtors® like to give back to the organizations that work hard to make their communities better places to live for everyone,” said MAR Charitable Foundation Chair Laura Usher, Realtor at William Raveis Real Estate in Chatham. “It’s an honor to recognize these 17 organizations this year for helping their neighbors not only get help, food and shelter, but realize their dreams.”
Housing and Homeless Assistance Grant Program Overview:
The Charitable Foundation’s Board of Trustees created this program in 2000 to encourage Realtor® support for local non-profit groups and their initiatives to provide affordable housing, shelter and other emergency care services within the Commonwealth.
Each local Realtor® association in Massachusetts is able to nominate housing or homeless assistance charitable organizations (501(C)(3)s) from their jurisdictional area for a monetary grant from the Foundation. Grants are awarded in the spring and fall of each calendar year.
About the MAR Charitable Foundation:
The Massachusetts Association of Realtors® Charitable Foundation performs a variety of community outreach initiatives that provide assistance to needy individuals and the community at-large. Since its inception in 1992, the Foundation has implemented several grant programs aimed at furthering the Realtor® tradition of giving back to the local community. For more information or to make a donation to the Foundation go to: www.marcharitable.com.
About the Massachusetts Association of Realtors®:
Organized in 1924, the Massachusetts Association of Realtors® is a professional trade organization with more than 24,000 members. The term Realtor® is registered as the exclusive designation of members of the National Association of Realtors® who subscribe to a strict code of ethics and enjoy continuing education programs.
by Eric Berman – eberman (at) marealtor (dot) com – 781-839-5507