PAULA DEL NUNZIO OF BROWN HARRIS STEVENS REPRESENTS SELLER OF HIGHEST SALE OF A RESIDENTIAL TOWNHOUSE IN 2010
NEW YORK, NY – January 31, 2011 – (RealEstateRama) — Paula Del Nunzio, Senior Vice President, Managing Director of Brown Harris Stevens, represented the seller of the Duke-Semans Mansion at 1009 Fifth Avenue, which sold for $44 million in 2010, the highest residential townhouse sale of 2010, and a 10 percent increase over the $40 million the owners paid in 2006.
This is the third time she has represented the owner of the highest selling residential townhouse in the past four years. In 2008, Del Nunzio represented both the seller and the buyer of The Milbank Mansion at 14 East 67th Street, which closed at $49 million. In 2006, she represented the seller of The Harkness House at 4 East 75th Street, selling at $53 million, the highest price ever paid for a residential townhouse and the highest price ever paid for a single residence.
The Duke-Semans Mansion spans 27 feet along Fifth Avenue, with an additional 100 feet of façade and eight huge windows on 82nd Street. The interior encompasses more than 19,500 square feet on eight levels. Tall windows and exposures in all four directions on the upper floors bathe the rooms in sunlight and afford outstanding views of Central Park, Metropolitan Museum of Art and the surrounding area.
The sale of the Duke-Semans Mansion represented the fourth highest residential townhouse sale ever. Of the eight highest residential townhouse sales involving brokers, Del Nunzio represented the seller of seven, the buyer and seller of one, and sold one twice. Since only January 2007, she has sold 43 townhouses for a total value of nearly $700 million.
“I attribute our success in part to the power of carefully customized marketed campaigns for each building, aimed at targeted buyer groups,” Del Nunzio stated.
Among the prestigious properties she is currently listing are 170 East 80th Street, a newly renovated modern townhouse available for $35 million; a 28-foot wide townhouse at 41 East 70th Street available for $30 million; a five-bedroom condominium at 65 West 13th Street; and a triplex penthouse at 552 LaGuardia Place in Greenwich Village.
About Paula Del Nunzio
Paula Del Nunzio is Senior Vice President, Managing Director of Brown Harris Stevens. Recognized as the top producing broker at Brown Harris Stevens in 2008, Del Nunzio has specialized in townhouses, penthouses and “townhouse equivalent” spaces for the past 20 years. She has represented the sellers of some of the largest and most prominent townhouses and luxury apartments in Manhattan, including: the Harkness Mansion on East 75th Street, which sold for $53 million, the highest price ever paid for any residential residence in New York City; The Milbank Mansion on East 67th Street, which sold for $49 million; the Duke-Semans Mansion at 1009 Fifth Avenue sold for $40 million; and the John-Duncan Mansion, sold for a record price of $35 million.
- Stribling State of the Market Report Cites Signs of Stabilization in Third Quarter 2010 Residential Real Estate Market
New York, NY - October 26, 2010 - (RealEstateRama) -- “If we are in a recovery, which it appears we are, I must note that this has been from the bottom up versus the top down. Happily, we seem to have stabilized and so the news is good for New York City,” stated Elizabeth Stribling, president of Stribling & Associates....
- Thelen Advises Seller on Two Tribeca Properties Valued at $57 Million
Sale caps 18-months of negotiations with various bidders and a litigation; contiguous parcels land Spanish buyer NEW YORK, Oct. 3 /PRNewswire/ — In a package deal, two Tribeca properties were sold by the Usdan Family for $57 million with partners in the real estate practice of Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner LLP acting as [...]...
- Report: Average NYC Home Sale Prices Up Slightly in Third Quarter Over Last Year
NEW YORK, NY – October 7, 2008 – (RealEstateRama) — The average sale price of a home in New York City was $783,000 in the third quarter of 2008, slightly higher than a year earlier but declining from first and second quarter average sales prices, according to a report released today. The report, issued by [...]...
- Jones Lang LaSalle Closes Sale of Landmark Buffalo Corporate Headquarters for Duke Realty
BUFFALO, NY - January 13, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- Jones Lang LaSalle today announced it has closed the sale of the landmark corporate headquarters of HealthNow New York, Inc, the parent company of BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York for Duke Realty. Cole Real Estate Investments purchased the 430,458-square-foot, Class A office building located in Buffalo, New York. HealthNow will...
- New Yorkers pay highest closing costs
A nationwide survey of lenders by Bankrate.com found that while closing costs are lower than last year, residents of some states continue to pay considerably more than others. The Bankrate.com survey — conducted by obtaining six to nine good faith estimates for a $200,000 loan from online mortgage lenders — found closing costs averaged $2,736 [...]...
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- House passes crucial job training legislation
- Tonko Statement on Housing for Undocumented Children
- Governor Cuomo Announces $14 Million in Awards for Affordable Housing
- Governor Cuomo Deploys DFS Mobile Command Center to Branchport to Help Finger Lakes Area Flood Victims
- EPA Settlement with Rochester Area Home Builder Protects Area Waterways; Developer Agrees to Construct Project to Reduce Polluted Stormwater Discharges
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services