ALBANY, N.Y. – June 19, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — Time is running out for interested members of the public to bid on the current round of excess Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) manufactured housing units now up for auction on a U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) website.
Twenty five used housing units that have been deactivated by FEMA and turned over to GSA for disposal are currently up for auction at www.GSAauctions.gov. All the units for sale in New York State are located at a staging area in Cobleskill, Schoharie County, and can be viewed by prospective bidders by appointment. The last day to place bids is Wednesday, June 20th.
FEMA brought the units to New York State to help with unmet housing needs in the wake of Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee. The used models up for auction have all been inspected, but they are no longer intended for residential use. Suggested uses include hunting or fishing camps, tool sheds, workshops or storage buildings.
The 25 â€śPark Modelâ€ť units being offered are the smaller of two styles of manufactured housing units employed by FEMA. Under the GSA process, excess federal property like these used trailer models are first offered to other federal agencies, then state and local government agencies. Auctioning off the remaining used models allows the federal government to recover much of the cost of the units.
To make an appointment to see the units now up for auction, call 518-234-4825. The units cannot be viewed without an appointment.
Although the current auction of Park Models ends June 20, another round of THU auctions is expected in August, FEMA officials said.
FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
No related posts.
- Tonko Pushes for Private Property Protection and Environmental Safeguards in Keystone Pipeline Debate
- Assembly Takes Action to Improve New York’s Mortgage Foreclosure Process and Keep More Families in Their Homes
- A.G. Schneiderman Commends Assembly For Passing Foreclosure Relief Bills
- Governor Cuomo Deploys DFS Mobile Command Center to Locations in Nassau County and Staten Island
- Empire State home sales, prices climb as inventory continues to fall
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- â€śGreenâ€ť Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Worksâ€™ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services