WASHINGTON, DC – January 25, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Today, Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-12-NY) welcomed President Obama’s re-nomination of Richard Cordray to lead the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and issued the following statement:
“Richard Cordray has done a superb job as Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and I’m delighted that the President has formally re-nominated him. He has been a strong leader– establishing the Bureau’s infrastructure and executing the Bureau’s mission of working for a level playing field between consumers and financial institutions. The body of work under his leadership, from reigning in irresponsible mortgage lending to implementing my Credit Card Act, has gained praise from consumers and the financial industry. Rich has proven to be fair and open with all stakeholders as the Bureau conducts its work. I hope the Senate moves quickly to confirm him.”
- Maloney hails start of process to simplify mortgage disclosure forms by CFPB
WASHINGTON, DC - May 18, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY), senior member of the House Financial Services Committee, today hailed the start of a process by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) to harmonize and streamline mortgage disclosure forms required under the Truth in Lending Act and the Real Estate Settlement and Procedures Act.<...
- Michael Berne and Richard Donohue To Head Seniors Housing/Healthcare Brokerage at Lee NYC
Torrance, CA - April 26, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- With a “full steam ahead” mantra and no apparent signs of slowing down, Lee & Associates NYC has added yet another powerhouse industry duo to its ever-expanding roster of professionals. Michael Berne and Richard Donohue join the Manhattan office to spearhead its seniors housing and healthcare brokerage in an effort to...
- Congressman Gregory W. Meeks Praises Federal Reserve’s Actions
WASHINGTON, DC - September 14, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- Congressman Gregory W. Meeks (D-NY), a senior member of the House Financial Services Committee, released the following statement today in support of the Federal Reserve’s plan to strengthen the economy:...
- Superintendent Richard H. Neiman’s Opening Statement at the Congressional Oversight Panel Hearing on Commercial Real Estate’s Impact on Bank Stability
New Yor, NY - February 4, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- Good morning, and thank you to our witnesses for appearing today at this hearing of the Congressional Oversight Panel on commercial real estate lending. The Panel first explored issues around commercial real estate at our field hearings in New York City in 2009 and Atlanta in January of last year...
- Maloney on New Mortgage Lending Rule
NEW YORK, NY – July 14, 2008 – (RealEstateRama) — Congresswoman Carolyn B. Maloney (D-NY), Chair of the House Financial Services’ Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit Subcommittee, released the following statement today after the Federal Reserve unveiled its final rule to overhaul the mortgage lending industry in the wake of the subprime crisis: “I applaud [...]...
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- New York Real Estate Executive Robert White, Jr., CRE, Receives Prestigious Award from Industry Group
- NY’s Urban Post Disaster Housing Prototype Named MBI’s November Building of the Month
- New housing and services lift veterans in the Bronx
- NYU CUSP UNVEILS FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND ‘URBAN OBSERVATORY’ in DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN
- New York and Ohio to Use Uniform Mortgage Test; 43 State Agencies Now Using the Test
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services