|Search more Real Estate News on 98 real estate sites|
Albany, NY – November 20, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — The New York State housing market continued to impress by showing gains in closed sales, pending sales and median sales price in October compared to the same time last year. According to the housing market report released today by the New York State Association of REALTORS, closed sales were up 17.1 percent, pending sales rose 23.9 percent, and median sales price was up 12.3 percent compared to October 2012.
“The October numbers continue to show that consumers still see the many quality of life benefits to home ownership,” said Duncan R. MacKenzie, NYSAR CEO. “This is particularly encouraging since interest rates have slowly increased throughout the year without appreciable impact on sales.”
“Sellers are receiving the highest percentage of their list price since 2007, which may bring more homes into the market at a time when inventory is lacking,” said MacKenzie. “Averaging 109 days on market, homes are selling at a brisk pace and keeping New York’s REALTORSbusy this fall.”
The October market posted 9,881 closed sales, up 17.1 percent from the October 2012 total of 8,440. Year-to-date (Jan. 1 to Oct. 31) closed sales reached 89,154 at the end of October, an increase of 12.8 percent from last year.
The statewide median sales price reached $230,276, an increase of 12.3 percent compared to the October 2012 median of $205,000. This marks 17 consecutive months of year-over-year median price gains. The year-to-date (Jan. 1 to Oct. 31) median of $226,600 was 6.4 percent above the $213,000 median in 2012.
Pending sales jumped 23.9 percent to 9,960 in October 2013 compared to 8,036 in October 2012. The year-to-date (Jan. 1 to Oct. 31) pending sales total of 98,386 is 14 percent higher than the 86,285 pending sales during the same period last year.
The months supply of inventory fell 20.2 percent in October to 9.5 months supply. It was at 11.9 months in October 2012. A 6 month to 6.5 month supply is considered to be a balanced market. Inventory stood at 87,747 units in October 2013, a decrease of 10.8 percent compared to October 2012.
Additional data is available at http://www.nysar.com/industry-resources/market-data
Editor’s Note: All data is compiled from multiple listing services in the state of New York and the data now include townhomes and condominiums in addition to existing single-family homes.
The New York State Association of REALTORS is a not-for-profit trade organization representing more than 47,000 of New York State’s real estate professionals. The term REALTOR is a registered trademark, which identifies real estate professionals who subscribe to a strict code of ethics as members of the National Association of REALTORS. These REALTORS are also members of the New York State Association of REALTORS as well as their local board or association of REALTORS.
518-463-0300 x207 office
ciara (at) nysar (dot) com
- Strong New York State housing market sees sales, median and pending gains through first half of 2013
Albany, NY - July 22, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- The New York State housing market posted strong numbers through the first six months of 2013 with expansions in closed sales, median sales price and pending sales compared to a year ago, according to the housing market report released today by the New York State Association of REALTORS....
- Recovery continues: 2013 housing market starts strong with sales, price gains
Albany, NY - February 21, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- The recovery of the New York State housing market continued into 2013 as January sales of existing single-family homes, condos and co-ops were 9.5 percent ahead of January 2012, according to the housing market report released today by the New York State Association of REALTORS. The statewide median sales price grew...
- 2012 housing market posts strong gains: Recovery is at hand with sales and price increases
Albany, NY - January 22, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- The New York State housing market recovered strongly in 2012 as closed sales of existing single-family homes, condos and co-ops finished 7-percent ahead of 2011. There was a modest 1.2-percent growth in the median sales price as available inventory fell by nearly 20 percent, according to the housing market report released...
- New York State housing market posts solid first quarter; closed sales, median price and pending sales up
Albany, NY - April 22, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- The New York State housing market posted a solid first quarter of 2013 with gains in closed sales, median sales price and pending sales compared to the 2012 first quarter, according to the housing market report released today by the New York State Association of REALTORS. The statewide inventory of homes...
- Homebuyers keep the New York State housing market hot
Albany, NY - September 19, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- Robust buyer activity continued to drive the summer housing market across New York State during August with gains being posted in closed sales, median price and pending sales, according to the housing market report released today by the New York State Association of REALTORS....
- Rep. Engel Announces $492,000 HUD Grant for Yonkers Municipal Housing Authority
- Lockport Man Sentenced for Mortgage Fraud
- Empire State Development Announces Amsterdam Printing Plans To Continue And Grow Operations In The Mohawk Valley
- A.G. Schneiderman Secures Over $500,000 In Restitution And Title Certificates For Consumers Against Dominican Republic Real Estate Developer
- Rose Associates Receives REBNY Award for RoseCares
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services