New York, NY – April 2, 2010 – (RealEstateRama) — On Saturday April 24th, join GreenHomeNYC on a tour of the Gen. Colin Powell Apartments, a new green affordable residential coop building in The Bronx. We’re grateful to Les Bluestone and Blue Sea Development Company for hosting the tour. Come and hear about an array of green features, including an extensive green roof, high efficiency boilers, recycled and low impact materials, and more.Tour details
Saturday April 24th, at 11am. 715 Fox Street, The Bronx.
RSVP required. Spaces are limited, please sign up using the registration form below.
About the Gen. Colin Powell Apartments
The building is comprised of 50 affordable studio, one, two and three bedroom coop units with a green roof, rooftop terrace and a community facility space in a precast concrete and masonry structure.
This project was awarded through a NYC HPD Cornerstone RFP and developed under the NYC Housing Development Corporation’s Affordable Coop Program with financial assistance from the NYS Affordable Housing Corporation, SONYMA, the Bronx Borough President and NYSERDA. The building is enrolled in NYSERDA’s Multifamily Performance Energy Star program and the USGBC’s LEED for Homes program. Read more about the Gen. Colin Powell Apartments in GreenHomeNYC’s green buildings directory.
- HARLEM CDC HOSTS 4TH ANNUAL SMALL BUSINESS CONFERENCE AT ADAM CLAYTON POWELL JR. STATE OFFICE BUILDING
New York, NY - December 4, 2009 - (RealEstateRama) -- The Harlem Community Development Corporation (Harlem CDC), in partnership with a range of organizations dedicated to supporting the growth of small business in Upper Manhattan, will host the 4th annual Small Business Conference on Thursday, December 10th, at the Adam Clayton Powell Jr. State Office Building....
- Bronx Pro Real Estate Management Celebrated Opening of 1085 Washington Avenue Apartments Providing Green Homes for Low Income Residents
New York, NY - September 29, 2009 - (RealEstateRama) -- Bronx Pro Real Estate Management today celebrated the opening of 1085 Washington Avenue Apartments, a new 90-unit affordable housing development that features numerous elements that help the building and its residents contribute to a greener, more sustainable New York City....
- Rehab Completed on 20-unit Building in Harlem: Low Income Residents Prepare for Homeownership in coming weeks.
NEW YORK, NY - October 30, 2009 - (RealEstateRama) -- The Urban Homesteading Assistance Board (UHAB) announces the completion of rehabilitation and permanent financing of 20-units of affordable housing that will soon become a low-income cooperative....
- Mount Hope Housing Company Announces Grand Opening of Affordable Housing Development Incorporating Green Building Elements in the Bronx
New York, NY - May 7, 2009 - (RealEstateRama) — Mount Hope Housing Company, a nonprofit community development organization and provider of social services in the Mount Hope section of the Bronx, along with the NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD), the NYC Housing Development Corporation (HDC) and Enterprise Community Partners, Inc. announced today the grand opening of...
- Turner Completes Largest Green Roof in New York City
Roof atop the United States Postal Service Morgan Mail Processing Facility is Part of the USPS’s Goal to Reduce Energy Usage by 30 Percent by 2015. New York, N.Y. - August 25, 2009 - (RealEstateRama) -- Turner Construction Company, the nation’s largest green builder, has substantially completed New York City’s largest green roof for the United States Postal Service (USPS)...
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- New York and Ohio to Use Uniform Mortgage Test; 43 State Agencies Now Using the Test
- House passes crucial job training legislation
- Tonko Statement on Housing for Undocumented Children
- Governor Cuomo Announces $14 Million in Awards for Affordable Housing
- Governor Cuomo Deploys DFS Mobile Command Center to Branchport to Help Finger Lakes Area Flood Victims
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services