– Strike Could Directly Affect More Than 1,500 Office Buildings, including the Time-Warner Center,
Rockefeller Center, the Met Life Building and the Empire State Building –
New York, NY – December 1, 2011 – (RealEstateRama) — Thousands of New York City commercial office cleaners will vote Thursday to authorize their bargaining committee to call a strike if necessary. Failure to reach a new contract by midnight, January 1, 2012, could prompt a strike of more than 22,000 apartment building workers at over 1,500 commercial office buildings throughout the city.
Thursday’s vote comes on the heels of the Realty Advisory Board’s (RAB), an industry association representing most of the City’s building owners, demand for workers to accept an aggressive rollback in wage and benefit standards. Contract negotiations between 32BJ SEIU and the RAB have been underway since November 15th.
|WHAT:||NYC Office Building Workers Strike Vote and March|
|WHO:||Thousands of New York City Office Cleaner
Mike Fishman, President of 32BJ SEIU
Mary Kay Henry, President of SEIU
|WHEN:|| Thursday, December 1, 2011
2:00 PM: Strike Vote: Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers 2nd Floor (7th Ave & 53rd Street)
4:00 PM: March: from Herald Square to Union Square
|NOTE:||The strike vote meeting is closed to the press, but interviews with union officers and members can be arranged onsite|
With more than 120,000 members, including 70,000 in New York, 32BJ is the largest private-sector union in the state.
For more information, visit www.standwithbuildingworkers.org .
Kwame Patterson: 212-388-3676
Matt Nerzig: 212-539-2882
No related posts.
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- SCHUMER TO FEDS: WHEN IT COMES TO SANDY RECOVERY, DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE NORTH SHORE – CRITICAL SANDY REBUILDING PROJECTS HAVE NOT BEEN FUNDED BY FEDS IN TOWN OF NORTH HEMPSTEAD
- Governor Cuomo Announces $95 Million to Build Affordable Housing Across the State
- Mangano: IDA Helps Bring Much Needed Rental Housing Options To Nassau County
- Governor Cuomo Highlights New York State Budget in Monroe County
- A.G. Schneiderman Secures Agreement With Major Commercial Real Estate Company To Ensure Equal Access To Its Shopping Center Parking Lots
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services