Free  Personal  Search  Engines
– Strike Could Directly Affect More Than 1,500 Office Buildings, including the Time-Warner Center,
Rockefeller Center, the Met Life Building and the Empire State Building –
New York, NY – December 1, 2011 – (RealEstateRama) — Thousands of New York City commercial office cleaners will vote Thursday to authorize their bargaining committee to call a strike if necessary. Failure to reach a new contract by midnight, January 1, 2012, could prompt a strike of more than 22,000 apartment building workers at over 1,500 commercial office buildings throughout the city.
Thursday’s vote comes on the heels of the Realty Advisory Board’s (RAB), an industry association representing most of the City’s building owners, demand for workers to accept an aggressive rollback in wage and benefit standards. Contract negotiations between 32BJ SEIU and the RAB have been underway since November 15th.
|WHAT:||NYC Office Building Workers Strike Vote and March|
|WHO:||Thousands of New York City Office Cleaner
Mike Fishman, President of 32BJ SEIU
Mary Kay Henry, President of SEIU
|WHEN:|| Thursday, December 1, 2011
2:00 PM: Strike Vote: Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers 2nd Floor (7th Ave & 53rd Street)
4:00 PM: March: from Herald Square to Union Square
|NOTE:||The strike vote meeting is closed to the press, but interviews with union officers and members can be arranged onsite|
With more than 120,000 members, including 70,000 in New York, 32BJ is the largest private-sector union in the state.
For more information, visit www.standwithbuildingworkers.org .
Kwame Patterson: 212-388-3676
Matt Nerzig: 212-539-2882
No related posts.
- At Gillibrand & Schumer’s Urging, Feds Lift Restrictions for Hundreds of Sandy Homeowners Currently Disqualified for Disaster Aid
- SCHUMER: NEARLY 6,000 VETS LIVE IN HERKIMER COUNTY BUT MANY DON’T UTILIZE PROPERTY TAX BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO THEM – FEDS FAIL TO LET LOCALITIES KNOW VETS ARE RETURNING HOME & THEN VETS CAN’T BE NOTIFIED OF AVAILABLE TAX BREAKS
- Bellone, Krupski, LaValle and Riverhead Officials Announce Support for Continued Downtown Revitalization of Riverhead
- Workers at High Line Luxury Buildings Tell Management: New York Shouldn’t Just Be Livable for the 1%
- HPD, HDC & NYCHA Join SKA Marin and Partners to Celebrate the Ribbon-Cutting for New Affordable Senior Housing in Brooklyn
- Governor Cuomo Announces Major Project to Upgrade Storm Protections for Howard Beach, Queens
- NYCOM Conference, Ribbon Cuttings and Equity Fund Forum Highlight Trip to Finger Lakes Region
- CKX Declares December 31st Record Date for Dividend of FX Real Estate and Entertainment Shares
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hires Seasoned Industrial Real Estate Professionals to Strengthen Client Services in Long Island
- First Affordable Housing Development in Brooklyn with Solar Panels
- “Green” Forum Highlights 545 Madison Avenue as Showcase of Sustainability
- New York State Senate Confirms Bill Myers to the Board of the State of New York Mortgage Agency
- New York State home sales continue to post gains compared to 2009
- Gillibrand Introduces Solar Energy Legislation
- HDC Board Approves $55.5 Million in Tax-Exempt Multi-family Housing Revenue Bonds
- Diversity Works’ Unique Model Combines Permanent Supportive Housing and Family Preservation Services